50 FILI, C.P. COMPANY’S MOST ICONIC FABRIC, IS TRANSFORMED BY THE SUBSTITUTION OF ITS COTTON WARP WITH A LATEST-GENERATION HYDROPHOBIC POLYESTER MICROFIBER
The reason for Osti’s fascination was subtle, almost invisible: the only cotton-nylon fabrics produced in Europe at the time were cheap but robust materials which used nylon in their warp and cotton in their weft and were employed for the lining of jacket and trouser pockets. The American field jacket fabric Massimo had between his fingers was the opposite: it used cotton in the warp and nylon in the weft. Because the warp of a fabric is more visible, it constitutes the greater mass and is dominant. By using cotton and nylon in this configuration, the American fabric had the soft touch of cotton, combined with the “hidden” resistance and technical functionality of nylon. A lightbulb went off in Osti’s head, and with the confidence of a pioneer, he shamelessly asked a trusted fabric producer (owned and run by priests in the Varese region) to manufacture an almost identical copy of the fabric. The only alteration he insisted on: that it be exactly 50% cotton, 50% nylon, which would allow him greater creative possibilities when the fabric was garment dyed. From that moment on 50 fili as the fabric was baptized (the name means 50 threads in Italian, and refers to the thread count per square centimeter of fabric) became the C.P. Company fabric, used throughout each collection, regardless of the season, year after year after year, subject to innumerable different finishes: double dyed, cotton-only dyed, nylon-only dyed, resined, coated, emery brushed and so on. Fast-forward to 2015 and designers Paul Harvey and Alessandro Pungetti, themselves both fans and experienced hands at using 50 fili began to ask themselves how the fabric could be “upgraded” to conform to the ever-increasing performance demands of urban clothing. The answer reached them from the cutting edge of the synthetic fibre manufacturing industry, in the form of a new Korean polyester microfiber whose hand is very close – almost identical - to that of the cotton of 50 fili. By substituting the cotton thread of 50 fili with this similar handling but hydrophobic polyester microfiber, the new blend (christened Micro M) became naturally water resistant but at the same time highly breathable, as well as (most importantly) maintaining that same compellingly dense and rich feel which Massimo Osti first fell in love with years ago. Micro M has been used in the current collection much in the same way as 50 Fili was once used: a classic fabric on which to build the essential C.P. Company menswear shoulder pieces: the goggle jacket, the field jacket, the parka, the bomber and the overshirt.
With reference to the personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") provided by you in this Web page, in accordance with article 24 of the Italian law "D.Lgs. 196/03" (hereinafter referred to as "privacy law"), we are herewith informing you of the following:
1) your data shall be processed by the company Zerogrey S.r.l. a socio unico (hereinafter referred to as "Zerogrey Srl") and the company TRISTATE INTERNATIONAL SA (hereinafter referred to as "CP Company") for purposes related to Zerogrey Srl's and CP Company's activity, including data filing and processing, and customer service. In particular, it shall be used to fulfil civil and tax law requirements, and for accountancy purposes;
2) the data you have provided shall be processed in a computerised and/or manual way;
3) the provision of your data is obligatory;
4) in case you refused to provide your data, Zerogrey Srl would not be able to accept any order from you. Your registration may only be completed successfully if all fields marked by an asterisk are filled in;
5) your data have been acquired through a request completed by Zerogrey Srl and may be processed within Zerogrey Srl and/or CP Company, or it may be communicated outside Zerogrey Srl and/or CP Company: a) to companies that are connected to, controlled by or affiliated to Zerogrey Srl and/or CP Company; b) to companies completing market research on behalf of the above-mentioned parties. Given that Zerogrey Srl andCP Company operate at international level, your data may be transferred abroad, also outside the borders of the European Union;
6) any users is entitled to exercise their rights as per art. 7 of the Italian law "D.Lgs. 196/03" on the knowledge of the processing of their own personal data, or its deletion, updating, modification, integration, and anything else envisioned by the same article;
7) holder of the data are the companies Zerogrey S.r.l. a socio unico and CP Company. To the holders you may apply to exercise your rights envisioned by art. 7 of the Italian Law "D.Lgs. 196/03", mentioned in section 6 of this letter.
8) Within the two companies the person in charge of processing your data, according to article 7, of Italian law D. Lgs. 196 del 2003, is Giovanni Meda at Zerogrey Srl . The complete list of data processing responsibles is available at the corporale headquarters of Zerogrey Srl and CP Company.